Snowbee Nilvalis Down Jacket
Designed in the UK and winner of the EFTTEX “Best New Product 2018 Award” and Trout Fisherman’s “Tackle Tester Choice”, the Nivalis Down Jacket is without a doubt, the most technical garment we have ever created. Down and feather offers superb lightweight insulation…until they get wet. With the Nivalis Down Jacket, that’s a problem of the past.
The Nivalis Jacket features an entirely unique construction technique consisting of an internal and external 3-layer laminated fabric and uses hidden internal stitching to form waterproof pockets of down and feather. The value of this technique is that no external stitch-line is created to allow water to penetrate into the down pockets.
The down pockets are formed using 2 layers of double-knitted tricot material and then protected, inside and out, with a thermoplastic polyurethane waterproof membrane, so the down remains 100% dry. The natural down filling contains 90% duck down, 10% feathers, with a fill power of 700 for total warmth. The waterproof membrane has a hydrostatic pressure resistance (waterproofness) of 5000mm, to keep the wearer dry and provide total wind resistance. The outer shell is a woven micro-fiber polyester fabric with durable water resistance treatment, so raindrops bead-up and run off the surface.
Inside the jacket, there is a super light woven polyester lining with a peach-skin finish for wearer comfort and two deep pouch pockets at the bottom for cell phones, wallets, etc. The main front zipper and the two hand warmer pockets zippers are waterproof and the fully adjustable 3-panel hood is made of the same insulating material as the body. For complete weather protection, there are Velcro adjustable elasticated cuffs and two internal bottom hem adjusters with “toggle-loks.”
- High-Tec Down Jacket features 6-layer waterproof & windproof material
- 700 fill power natural down filling contains 90% duck-down, 10% feathers
- Unique construction features hidden internal stitching to form the down pockets
- Down pockets are protected using 2 layers of waterproof membrane, so down remains 100% dry
- Outer woven micro-fiber polyester fabric, with DWR treatment, so rain-drops “bead-up” & run off the surface
- Superlight woven polyester lining with a peach-skin finish
- 2 internal bottom hem adjusters with "toggle-locks"
- 2 front zippered handwarmer pockets
- Waterproof zippers used throughout
- No external stitching to cause leaks
- Velcro adjustable elasticated cuffs